Now that my 1968 Camaro RS has been LS swapped and updated it’s time to give the exterior some TLC.
The paint is not too bad, but it has a lot of swirlies, chips, and a nasty stain on the hood from when the car may have been stored underneath another on a lift.
I went to the July 2019 Caffeine and Octane at Perimeter Mall and met 2 guys, John and Sean. John has a awesome 72 Red and Black Chevelle while Sean has a gorgeous 67 Black Buick. The Buick is ceramic waxed while the Chevelle is ceramic coated.
Check out the rest of my review and experience on the YouTube video below.
Purchased a 1968 Restomod Camaro RS from North Shore Classics (454 4speed), a truly horrible experience. Read more about that here and other issues before I decided to go with Jed Reilly with Patriot Rods and Customs
Other services/products links: Ceramic Coating and Historical License Plate
- Engine: GM Performance LS3 6.2l 525hp Connect and Cruise kit. Concept 1 pulley kit with ac, alt and power steering pump
- Transmission: 4l70E 4speed auto
- Exhaust: 3″ stainless steel including Hedman Hedders, hangers, v bands, Borla Pro XS mufflers
- Suspension: RideTech complete coil over system with StrongArms tubular control arms, drop spindles, sway bar, and triangulated 4 link
- Rear end: Speedway complete Ford 9″ housing 3.89
- Brakes: Wilwood 12″, 6 piston front and 4 piston rear. Corvette Master Cylinder and Classic Performance Products (CCP) 8″ dual diaphragm booster
- Fuel tank: Tanks Inc EFI ready tank with pump and level sender
- Vintage Air Heating and Cooling System
- Cooling: AutoRad radiator
- Gauges: Digital Dakota HDX
- Console: Complete 68 center console with cool gauge pod, horse shoe shifter and linkage.
- Radio: Retro Souths USA Hermosa Radio with bluetooth 1 12″ sub and 4 way speakers
- Train horns with on board air set up
- Electric Life power window conversion kit, front and rear glass. Classic window crank control
- Dapper Lighting Head Lamps and Turn Signals
- Original Rally Sport Equipped-Concealed Headlights (electric not vacuum)