Purchased online a Georgia vintage license plate for my 1968 Camaro from licenseplate.tv for $100.
The Georgia plate is period correct. In order to use it you must visit your local tag office (Georgia Department of Revenue Motor Vehicle Office) and have them inspect it. Once they approve you sign a MV Authentic Historical Tag Affidavit Form T224 0.
Got up at 5am to get ready to meet my boy, Schu who has an awesome 77 Corvette L87, at 5:40 to head towards Perimeter Mall for the monthly Caffeine and Octane car show. There were a lot of obsticals that tried to keep us from getting to the show today. Schu had some electrical issues and could not raise his windows and the rain was really threatening to shut us down. We arrived at 5:57am and waited in line. Meanwhile, Schu found a loose cable that gave him back control of his windows and other important functions. The it drizzled a bit but cleared up. All in all a great cool day for a car show.
Now that my 1968 Camaro RS has been LS swapped and updated it’s time to give the exterior some TLC.
The paint is not too bad, but it has a lot of swirlies, chips, and a nasty stain on the hood from when the car may have been stored underneath another on a lift.
I went to the July 2019 Caffeine and Octane at Perimeter Mall and met 2 guys, John and Sean. John has a awesome 72 Red and Black Chevelle while Sean has a gorgeous 67 Black Buick. The Buick is ceramic waxed while the Chevelle is ceramic coated.
Check out the rest of my review and experience on the YouTube video below.
First time going to the show. Didn’t take much pictures but I met 2 awesome guys. Sean who has a 67 Buick and John a 72 Chevelle. John has a clothing line called Street Car Mafia. I bought a shirt from him. Also, They turned me on to Kevin from Atlanta Jax Wax who eventually did a Ceramic Coating. See more about that here
Purchased a 1968 Restomod Camaro RS from North Shore Classics (454 4speed), a truly horrible experience. Read more about that here and other issues before I decided to go with Jed Reilly with Patriot Rods and Customs
Other services/products links: Ceramic Coating and Historical License Plate
- Engine: GM Performance LS3 6.2l 525hp Connect and Cruise kit. Concept 1 pulley kit with ac, alt and power steering pump
- Transmission: 4l70E 4speed auto
- Exhaust: 3″ stainless steel including Hedman Hedders, hangers, v bands, Borla Pro XS mufflers
- Suspension: RideTech complete coil over system with StrongArms tubular control arms, drop spindles, sway bar, and triangulated 4 link
- Rear end: Speedway complete Ford 9″ housing 3.89
- Brakes: Wilwood 12″, 6 piston front and 4 piston rear. Corvette Master Cylinder and Classic Performance Products (CCP) 8″ dual diaphragm booster
- Fuel tank: Tanks Inc EFI ready tank with pump and level sender
- Vintage Air Heating and Cooling System
- Cooling: AutoRad radiator
- Gauges: Digital Dakota HDX
- Console: Complete 68 center console with cool gauge pod, horse shoe shifter and linkage.
- Radio: Retro Souths USA Hermosa Radio with bluetooth 1 12″ sub and 4 way speakers
- Train horns with on board air set up
- Electric Life power window conversion kit, front and rear glass. Classic window crank control
- Dapper Lighting Head Lamps and Turn Signals
- Original Rally Sport Equipped-Concealed Headlights (electric not vacuum)